All you need is one 600ml carton of double cream.. pour the cream into a food mixer with a whisk attachment…. turn on to med-high for around ten mins…
1. First it turns to thick cream
2. Then it goes like scrambled egg
3. Then all of a sudden it comes together inside the ball whisk and seperates from the liquid, giving you butter and butter milk!
4. I seperated the buttermilk into a small jug
5. I turned out the butter onto a clean square of muslin and gave it a good squeeze, to remve the last of the buttermilk..
6. Turned it out onto a wooden chopping board and took 2 large wooden spoons to pat it into shape.
I will be using the buttermilk to make scones or muffins with later on today..