I Picked blackcurrants in my garden yesterday , this evening they became Jam…
- 290g Blackcurrants
- 290g Golden Caster Sugar
- Juice of half an organic lemon
- enough water to cover the blackcurrants in their pan.
- Wash the blackcurrants
- Place in a pan and cover with water
- gently bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins
- remove any scum
- add the sugar and bring to the boil again for 8-10 mins until a set is achieved
- allow to cool a little before ptting into a sterile jar
- 500g Plain Flour
- 75g Icing Sugar
- 25g Baking Powder
- Half a teaspoon sea salt
- 125g unsalted butter, chilled and diced.
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C fan/200 Degrees C/Gas 6
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a large bowl or food processor and add the salt.
- Rub in the butter, add the eggs and enough milk to bring the dough together.
- Roll the dough out 2cm thick on a floured surface and cut out 7 or 8 scones using a round 7cm cutter.
- Leave these to rest on a baking tray for 20 minutes then brush the tops with milk and bake for 17-20 minutes.
Mouthwateringly gorgeous 🙂
Scone Recipe courtesy of Gorgeous Cakes by Annie Bell ISBN 1-85626-614-1