Chilli Burgers with Coriander and Spring Onions
- 200g/7oz canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 450g/1lb best steak mince
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, such as jalepeno, deseeded and chopped, or to taste
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red jalapeno chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander.
- Place the kidney beans in a food processor and blend for 1 minute
- Add steak mince, chillies, garlic, spring onions, coriander and salt and pepper to the food processor and blend for a further 2 minutes. Shape into 4 equal size burgers, then cover and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix the tomatoes, avocado, spring onions, chili and coriander together. Place in a small bowl, cover and leave for at lease 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Heat a non stick frying pan until hot. When hot, add the burgers and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden or until cooked to personal preference. Serve with the salsa.
We’re all having fresh fruit salad for after our tea this evening… my mouth was watering just making this today 🙂
- 1 Red Gala Apple, Diced
- Half a Galia Melon, Diced
- A tub of Strawberries (we visited a pick your own shop)
- A tub of Raspberies ” ” ” “
- 4 Small Donut Nectarines
- 1 small Pineapple, cubed
- 1 small glass of fresh orange juice (to stop the apples discolouring)
Mix together, cling wrap and chill in the fridge until required.
My daughter will be 16 on the 22nd July.
This weekend she is having 5 friends round for a birthday party here at the house, a cowgirl camping out themed party and I have a heap of organising to do for it…
My other half wont be around much for the next 2 weeks, he is working flat out so this leaves me with more or less everything to do…
Today I am planning to erect the 8 man tent! … goodness knows how on earth i’ll manage that, I remember every time we went camping it took us a good couple of hours to suss out how to put the thing up! Now where did I put that big groundsheet? its been a good few years since we’ve used the tent 🙂
We went out shopping the other day and picked up balloons and streamers all adorned with 16, also some glitzy sparkly hanging things that I can decorate the tent with, tablecloth, napkins, plates and cups, all 16 themed. The little pink organza party bags are made up and good to go, they contain a cupcake cell phone charm, sparkly beads, a lovely hair clasp, a small bag of thorntons sweeties and a bottle of nail polish, hopefully the girls will love them.
I will over the next few days be posting quite a few recipes, of all the things I make for the party, what have I let myself in for 🙂