Chilli Burgers with Coriander and Spring Onions
- 200g/7oz canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 450g/1lb best steak mince
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, such as jalepeno, deseeded and chopped, or to taste
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red jalapeno chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander.
- Place the kidney beans in a food processor and blend for 1 minute
- Add steak mince, chillies, garlic, spring onions, coriander and salt and pepper to the food processor and blend for a further 2 minutes. Shape into 4 equal size burgers, then cover and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix the tomatoes, avocado, spring onions, chili and coriander together. Place in a small bowl, cover and leave for at lease 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Heat a non stick frying pan until hot. When hot, add the burgers and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden or until cooked to personal preference. Serve with the salsa.