I made this for lunch yesterday, it was cheap to make because I picked up the hotdog sausages at the reduced counter for 29p, and the rest of the ingredients were either in the fridge or the store cupboard,
This recipe definately hit the right spot with the kids 🙂
- Long Grain Rice
- Half a Chopped Yellow Pepper
- Half a Chopped Onion
- Half a clove of Garlic, Finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Soy Sauce (light or dark both work well)
- a packet of 10 Herta Hotdog sausages.
- a couple of teaspoons of oil, I used groundnut, but olive, sunflower or veg is fine.
- Bring a saucepan of water, lightly salted, to the boil and add the long grain rice, cook as per the instructions on the pack, usually for around 12-15 mins, drain and set aside.
- Chop the Onion & Pepper and Garlic, add to your frying pan and cook until onion is translucent.
- Slice the sausages and add to the frying pan and cook until thoroughly cooked/heated through.
- Add the cooked rice to the frying pan
- Add the soy sauce (i used about a tablespoon, enough to coat the rice) but you can add as much as you like.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until the rice is coated with the soy sauce.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy 🙂