These tasty muffins got the thumbs up from the kids, they turned out very well indeed 🙂
- 225g / 8oz self raising flour
- 55g / 2oz cocoa powder
- half a teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 225g / 8oz caster sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 85g / 3oz plain chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30g / 1oz unsalted butter, melted.
- 225ml / 8fl oz milk, warmed to blood temperature.
- Heat the oven to 190 degreec C / 375 Degrees F / Gas mark 5. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases or grease the tin well and line with greaseproof paper discs.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a big bowl. Add the sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the banana, chocolate chips, egg, butter and milk. Mix well and pour into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when pressed lightly with a finger. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of : Leith’s Baking Bible – ISBN 0-7475-8189-4