I had some bananas in the kitchen that were starting to go spotty, and knowing that no-one would eat them, I decided to make Banana Bread with them… then everyone would eat that 🙂
I have featured a banana bread/loaf in my blog before, but it was a different recipe…so thought I would give this one a try, it is from the following book …
Tamasin’s Kitchen Bible – ISBN 0-297-84363-X
Here’s the ingredients : –
- 225g/8oz Self-Raising Flour
- 3/4 level tsp Ground Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 100g / 3 1/2oz Vanilla Caster Sugar
- 100g/ 3 1/2oz Unsalter Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp good Runny Honey
- 100g / 3 1/2oz Sultanas
- 450g / 1lb Organic Bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork.
- 2 Eggs
- The Juice of a Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C / 350 Degrees F / Gas Mark 4
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the mixed spice, salt and sugar.
- Add the butter, beat in all the remaining ingredients and pour the batter into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour, then turn the heat down to 270 Degrees C / 325 degrees F / Gas Mark 3 for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Check with a skewer which should come out clean. Cool in the tin on a rack before turning out. Eat warm with creme fraiche or on its own.