I’ve been making rather a lot of Muffins lately….
But there is a genuine reason for this muffin overdose on my blog, my daughter.. she needs to practice making muffins, she has an exam this friday coming.
So instead of baking different things at the weekend, as I love to do, we have been making mostly….. the humble muffin 🙂
My daughter will be making Strawberry and White Choc Chip Muffins on the day of the exam, today we bring to you……….
Pineapple and White Choc Chip Muffins
- 4oz – 115g Butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 oz – 70g caster sugar
- 1oz – 30g dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 7 1/2oz – 215g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4fl oz – 125ml Milk
- 4oz White Choc Chips
- 5oz Fresh Pineapple, chopped small.
- Cream the butter until soft and add both the caster and the dark brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time
- sift together the flour and baking powder, then fold into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk then fold in the pineapple and the choc chips.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 muffin cases/tin
- Bake for 25 minutes @ 375 degrees F – 190 degrees C or Gas Mark 5
- Once baked allow to stand for 25 minutes before turning out.
Verdict : My daughter gave it 8/10 because of the lack of choc chip in the one she ate and my son gave it 9/10 loved the taste combination.