Yesterday I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, our friends were coming round in the evening for a visit so I decided to try a different lasagne recipe, and it took me hours!! It did taste delicious tho, so I will keep that one up my sleeve for future special occasions, or when I have bags of time to dipose of :-). I also made a quick and simple wee sponge cake, think i’ll make this one at easter too it looks pretty 🙂
If you have little kiddies they would absolutely love this… but it’s also good for us big kiddies too 😉 The above picture was the only slice left this morning, I managed to get a quick picture before my son scoffed the lot!
Here is the recipe..
- 6oz Butter or Margarine
- 6oz Caster Sugar
- 6 oz Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Icing Sugar
- Micro Chocolate Eggs
I use my food mixer
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well
- Add the flour and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed
- Pour the mixture into a greased/lined cake tin
- Bake in the oven @ 170 degrees C for 20 minutes
- Remove from Oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
- Mix up your icing sugar and cover over the cooled cake, cover with sprinkles and scatter a few little chocolate eggs over the top.