- 150g / 6oz Plain Chocolate
- 40ml / 2 tablespoons Brandy (Adult version) or fruit squash (Kids Version)
- 50g / 1 1/2 oz Butter
- 60g / 2 oz Icing Sugar
- 50g / 2 oz ground almonds
- 16 small sweet paper cases
- Break up two thirds of the chocolate into a bowl and place this over a pan of hot water.
- Add the brandy and leave to melt
- Take off the heat and stir in the butter, which should not be too hard.
- Mix in the sieved icing sugar and the almonds s that it is well blended.
- Leave to cool place until the mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Divide into about 16 even-sized pieces and roll into balls.
- Grate the remaining chocolate, place on a piece of greaseproof paper and roll the truffles in it.
- Pop each one into a paper case.
Recipe courtesy of :
“The Cadbury Chocolate Cookbook” by Patricia Dunbar ISBN 0 600 32018 9