I fancied making something different today… something that would go nice with a cup of tea. I had a rummage through the cupboards to see what ingredients I had then flicked through a few cookbooks… decided to make Flapjacks! 🙂
p.s. (Picture to follow soon – theyre in the oven as I type this)
- 115g / 4oz butter, plus extra for greasing (I used Stork)
- 60g / 2 1/4 oz Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Golden syrup
- 350g / 12oz rolled oats (I used Porridge Oats)
- 85g / 3oz plain chocolate chips (I used a bar of plain chocolate chopped up)
- 85g / 3oz sultanas (I left out the sultanas my lot wont eat them so doubled up on the chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 Degrees F / Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a shallow 20cm / 8inch square cake tin.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until the butter and sugar melt and the mixture is well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the rolled oats until they are well coated. Add the chocolate chips and the sultanas and mix well to combine everything.
- Turn into the prepared tin and press down well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool slightly, then mark into fingers. When almost cold, cut into bars or squares and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.