I made these as a pudding for after our dinner tonight and they are absolutely beautiful, the troops gave them 10/10 and i’ll be making more of them soon 🙂
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 x 375g pack of pre-rolled puff pastry
- Ground cinnamon
- 125g Creme fraiche
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 1 orange
- Dust a clean surface with flour. Unroll the sheet of puff pastry, then cut it in half so you end up with two 20cm x 20cm squares of pastry (put one in the fridge for another day)
- Sprinkle over a good few pinches of cinnamon, then roll the pastry into a swiss roll shape and cut into rounds. Put these into 6 of the holes in a muffin tin and use your thumbs to stretch and mould the pastry into the holes so the bottom is flat and the pastry comes up to the top. Put on the top shelf of the oven and cook for around 8 to 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Spoon the creme fraiche into a small bowl and add the egg, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of golden caster sugar and the zest of 1 orange. Mix well
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and use a teaspoon to press the puffed pastry back to the sides and make room for the filling. Spoon the creme fraiche mixture into the tart cases and return to the top shelf of the oven. Set the timer for 8 mins.
- Put a small saucepan on a high heat. Squeeze in the juice from the zested orange and add 4 tablespoons of golden caster sugar. Stir and keep a good eye on it, but remember caramel can burn badly so dont touch or taste!
- Pour some caramel over each tart (They’ll still be wobbly but thats good). Put aside to set
Serve with double cream or ice cream.
Recipe talken from the book Jamies 30 Minute Meals ISBN 978-0-718-15477-6