I bought a few new recipe books last week and this recipe was in one of them the book reference and ISBN number will be at the bottom of the page.
So this tray of goodness has been calling my name all day, and I just finished crafting in my workshop tonight via Ustream with Karen, Ellen and Laura .. so this recipe is for you girls… enjoy 🙂
RoCkY RoAd CrUnCh BaRs
- 125g Soft Butter
- 300g best quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- 3 x 15ml tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 200g Rich Tea Biscuits
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons Icing Sugar for dusting
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy based saucepan. Scoop out about 125ml of this melted mixture and put to one side
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of biscuit
- Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows
- Tip into a foil trey 24cm (i used a silicone pan); flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour the reserves 125ml of melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight
- Cut into 24 fingers and dust with icing sigar by gently pushing through a tea strainer or small sieve.
Pour your self a cup of tea and enjoy 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson ISBN 978-0-701-18184-0