It’s been a while!
I made some soup today ….. Yellow Split Pea, my daughter and I’s fav!
and…… if your on the Weightwatchers Plan, one portion is 4 points per serving 😉
- 200g Yellow Split Peas
- 2 sticks of celery
- 3 carrots
- 2 onions
- cubed pancetta (I used one half of a Tesco 2 pack)
- 2 Knorr Ham Stock Cubes
- Black pepper
- 1 x Bay Leaf
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 x tablespoon of oil
- soak the split peas in cold water for a couple of hours
- chop all the veggies and saute in the oil in a big soup pan
- add the split peas
- add the stock cubes and enough water to cover the peas and veg in the soup pan
- bring to the boil and then simmer for an hour or so until the split peas have gone to a mush
- once cooked, remove from the heat and blitz to a smooth soup with a hand blender.
- Enjoy with hot crusty bread 🙂