I was in my local supermarket earlier and I picked up 2 heads of organic broccoli reduced to only £0.03 each!! …. you know what it’s like, your head starts going through possible yummy recipes… my head was telling me soup! 😉 I nipped round to the cheese counter and picked up a bit of stilton.
|This recipe should serve six.
- 50g / 2oz butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 large heads of Broccoli
- 2-3 oz of Stilton Cheese or adjust depending on your preference
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1-1.5 litres boiling water and a stock cube
- Heat the Butter in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and leave to cook on a low-med heat for 8 mins until they become soft and clear
- Whilst the onion and garlic are softening, chop the broccoli as finely as possible. Add the chopped broccoli to the onions and pour in 1 litre of boiling water an a stock cube and bring back to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When the broccoli is tender, add the stilton cheese. Whizz the soup well in a liquidiser to give it a really smooth texture.
- Check and adjust the seasoning and reheat if necessary.