I love it when I find flowers reduced at the supermarket, this gorgeous find were only 70p for a whole big bunch of multi coloured roses and beautiful addition to my lounge window ledge 🙂
We are having Balmoral Chicken for our tea tonight so I made this Peppercorn Sauce to go along with it, for those of you wondering what the dish is… it’s Haggis wrapped in Chicken Breast smothered in a Peppercorn Sauce … YUM!!
Peppercorn Sauce Ingredients
- 170ml Double Cream
- 2tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- A good splash of white wine
- A good splash of hot water
- 2tsp of crushed peppercorns (or more according to taste)
- Add the cream to a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Crumble the oxo cube into the cream
- Add Dijon mustard, and most of the peppercorns leaving some for the steak
- Add wine and water stirring all together
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper
- keep stirring until quite hot