I’m really looking forward to trying out different varieties of lettuce this year in the garden, this particular variety has been around for a great many years and is listed online as an heirloom variety.
A really tasty cos (barrel-shaped) lettuce with an old fashioned flavour. Sweet and crunchy, ideal for summer salads.
- Sow Indoors March-April
- Sow Outdoors April-July
- Harvest – From may Onwards
- Cost £1.49 per packet
- Seeds Sown Indoors in the greenhouse on Sunday 26th April 2009
Mixed Salad Leaf
Originally uploaded by T o w n i e
My mixed leaf salad is coming along just nicely in the 3rd raised bed…
I picked some today for lunch and it was lovely… also a great feeling knowing I’d grown it myself 🙂
I have spent the best part of today in my greenhouse, sowing seeds, organising things inside, enjoying the peace and quiet…
Here is an update on the things growing:-
– Mixed Leaf Lettuce Seedlings
– Climbing Flower – Morning Glory – the leaves on this are absolutely gorgeous!
– Finally – Our Pink Champagne Rhubarb that I Picked this morning.