Frugal Jumbo Garlic Mushrooms on Toast.
I popped round to my local supermarket last night as I needed to pick up some cat food, and whilst I was in there I spied some Jumbo Mushrooms reduced to 5p per packet, an absolute bargin! I bought 2 packs.. so on the way home I had plans whizzing round in my head of everything I could make with them… Garlic Mushrooms on toast…. Cream of Mushroom Soup…. and a mushroom pilaf… yumm..
So.. today I have already made lunch (above) the Cream of Mushroom soup is on the cooker bubbling away as I type this and as for the mushroom pilaf, that will be made tomorrow 🙂
For the Garlic Butter I used :
- Lightly Salted butter softened (at room temp)
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- about a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Mix all the above until combined well
- Turn the mushrooms upside down and Spread the butter all over
- Place in an ovenware dish and bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes
- Place a couple of slices of bread in the toaster
- When the mushrooms and toast are cooked, place the toast on a plate, pour the excess garlic butter from the dish all over the toast, then place a mushroom on each slice and enjoy with a cup of hot tea