Bridge Rolls Recipe…. Bread Machine Method
225g White Bread Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
Half a teaspoon of caster sugar (superfine)
1 Teaspoon Easyblend Dried Yeast
2 Tablespoons of milk for glazing (optional)
1. Pour the egg and milk into the bread pan
2. Sprinkle over the flour ensuring that it covers the liquid, Add the salt, sugar and butter, placing them in seperate corners of the bread machine pan. Then make a small indent in the centre of the flour but do not go down as far as the liquid and add the yeast.
3. Set the bread machine to the dough setting, lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
4. When the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough from the machine and place it on a lightly floured surface, knock it back gently, then divide it into 12 pieces and cover with a piece of oiled clear film.
5. Take one piece of dough, leaving the rest covered and shape on the floured surface into a tapered long roll, repeat with the remaining dough until you have 12 evenly shaped rolls.
6. Place 6 rolls in a row, keeping them fairly close together on each baking sheet, cover with oiled clear film and leave in a warm place for about 30 mins or until the rolls have doubled in size and are touching eachother, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius, 425 degrees farenheit or gas mark 7.
7. Brush the bread rolls with milk if you like and bake them for 15 to 18 mins until lightly browned, transfer the batch to a wire rack to cool then seperate into rolls.