- 6 small shortcrust pastry cases (i used pre-rolled Shortcrust dough & cut into circles then baked)
- 1 egg
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g butter
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 1 Orange
- 1 x tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 jar good quality raspberry jam
- 1 x 250g tub creme fraiche to serve
- Put the 6 pastry cases on to a baking tray. Make a frangipane mixture by cracking an egg into a mixing bowl and adding 100g almonds, 100g butter and 90g of golden caster sugar. Grate over the zest of 1/2 an orange and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or paste, use a spoon to mix everything together.
- Spoon a small teaspoon of jam into each pastry case, top with a heaped teaspoon of frangipane, add another small teaspoon of jam, then finally add another teaspoon of frangipane.
- Put the tray in the oven on the middle shelf and set the timer for 18 minutes exactly.
- When the tarts are golden and cooked, turn the oven off and take them out.
- Serve warm with a dollop of creme fraiche on the side.
Oven temperature : 190 degrees C / 375 degrees F / Gas Mark 5
Recipe courtesy of Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals ISBN 978-0-718-15477-6
p.s. another winner with the family on this one everyone gave it the thumbs up 😉